12.24.2008

Christmas Eve

I think today might be my favorite day of the holidays. The anticipation, the friends and family over, the cooking and flurry of wrapping last-minute gifts. I love it all! I'm sitting here in the living room and it's 5:45 am. The house is completely silent except for the hum of the furnace. Sam got up earlier, but climbed back in his bed and fell asleep thinking about Santa. I knew he was lying there thinking about tomorrow morning. I went in to check on him and he said "I can't wait for Santa to come." Next thing I knew, he was sound asleep.

So I'm enjoying the calm before the storm. We're having friends over for a poker game today, and lots of food, I'm sure. Then later we'll light some fireworks, and hopefully the kids will play outside and wear themselves out so they'll sleep tonight. Paul and I will stay up late wrapping gifts, as usual, then we'll all get up at the crack of dawn (or before) Christmas morning, because I just can't sleep any longer.

I just love the energy in the air today. I wish I could bottle it!

A few pictures to share....

Maggie got her hair cut this week...she has the most gorgeous color. I think she looks a lot like her daddy in this picture.






I'm not even sure who took this picture of Sage. I never know what I'm going to find on my camera.




Sam treated us to cinnamon Christmas Tree biscuits yesterday, hot from the oven. I hope he never outgrows his love of cooking. It'll make some lucky woman very happy one day.




Check him out. Real men wear aprons!




Time for another cup of coffee. My God bless you this Christmas and all through the year!

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

I'm thinking Maggie looks like YOU! :)