12.18.2008

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat!

I didn't get all the decorating finished this year that I wanted to...I always have more plans than time, it seems....but I'm calling it done. I made these paper pretties and decked out the chandelier in the bathroom...



and the shower curtain got gussied up for the holidays, too.





Thanks for the well wishes for Sam. He's doing so much better than I expected. I'd have been a big baby about the whole thing. He is dealing with the stitches in his mouth like a trooper. Thank goodness he loves mashed potatoes, because he's been living on that and pudding for a week! On the up side, I've lost a few pounds from the stress of it all. :)

I made some Mint Oreo Truffles and Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles for the kids' teachers and bus drivers (all 17 of them!). I still have lots of baking to do, but it'll have to wait until this weekend when I can breathe again. One more gift to buy and my shopping is finished! Yippee!

I'm off to make some peppermint hot chocolate...borderline obsessed with it!

1 comment:

Funky Kim said...

I have been puzzled trying to make those paper pretties for my home. I can't figure out how to get the staple positioned correctly. So I've given up for the time being because Christmas is in a week!

Happy baking!